Designed for emerging leaders, the Advanced Management Program (AMP) Online is a compressed MBA curriculum that teaches the essential skills of strategy, finance, operations and leadership. For one week a month, spread across 3 months, AMP participants benefit from cutting edge adult learning activities that include the case method, small group projects, as well as leadership workouts for active learning and reflection.
What You Can Expect
The TPMG AMP Online provides an exceptional opportunity for both personal and professional growth. One that empowers promising young managers to think strategically, manage cross functionally and lead with confidence.
Learning from guest speakers at top companies, collaborating with peers around the globe; AMP participants will acquire the leadership skills and business acumen to grow and succeed at higher levels of responsibility. While immersed in the AMP, participants will learn to:
- Define, interpret and communicate corporate and business unit strategies
- Analyze industry and market forces
- Identify a company’s strengths and weaknesses by analyzing its financial performance
- Transform operational capabilities into productive assets
- Build and lead a high-performance culture
- Improve critical thinking skills, make good decisions and solve problems
- Become very skilled communicators
Three Pillars of Success – Participant Learning Objectives
Module #1: Strategy and Finance
- Understand the nature of corporate planning and types of strategies a firm can adopt
- Analyze financial statements and draw conclusions regarding a firm’s capacity to create and sustain shareholder value
- Conduct industry analysis and determine the underlying forces of market competition
- Learn to formulate and deploy a corporate and business unit strategy
Module #2: Operational Excellence
- Learn the principles of Lean Management and the Toyota Production System
- Apply Activity Based Costing (ABC) to measure and improve operating cost
- Apply various work flow analysis tools, e.g., value stream maps, cross functional process maps and flow charts
- Measure, analyze, and improve organizational performance by using data and performance analytics
Module #3: Management and Leadership
- Learn to create and deliver a high performance management culture
- Master group dynamics and problem solving
- Learn current and future global leadership trends
- Understand people and their motivations
- Develop creative solutions for working with and through people
Who Should Attend
The AMP is designed to prepare emerging leaders to fill upper middle to senior leadership roles. It also provides middle managers with the business acumen and sound judgment required to grow and advance. Who should attend:
- Managers, Senior Managers and Directors who have been identified as emerging leaders
- Managers recently promoted from being a high level individual contributor
- Supervisors with an average of 5 to 7 years of experience
- Leaders with at least 3 years in a position involving clear cross-functional and P&L responsibility
- Supervisors in technical functions: IT, FIN/Acc, Engineering, Purchasing, Compliance, MKT/Customer Service, and Sales
- Small business entrepreneurs and professionals who do not have the opportunity to enroll in a university MBA program
The AMP online is an online live version of the on-campus Advanced Management Program for Emerging Leaders®.
The class is patterned after online Global MBA Management Courses. Participants will learn about global trends and challenges from markets in every region. Each candidate will have
- Engaging online lectures (live and self-paced)
- Interactive chats/bulletin boards
- Online collaboration with your AMP Instructor and classmates using technology of modern global business
- A global network of peers facilitate lifelong, growth and success.
Competency Based Leadership Education
The program is part of TPMG’s Competency Based Education Platform©. Those who successfully complete the program will not only receive TPMG’s AMP Certificate of Completion but will also be awarded Continuing Education Units (CEUs). The Continuing Education Units awarded are globally recognized units designed to provide a record of an individual’s continuing education accomplishments. One CEU is awarded for each 10 contact hours of instruction.
Online Cohort Schedule and Virtual Classroom
I. Cohort #1: Online Live – AMP Virtual #1
- Module 1: Strategy & Finance Apr 20 – 24
- Module 2: Operational Excellence May 11 – 15
- Module 3: MGT and Leadership Jun 8 – 12
II. Cohort #2: Online Live – AMP Virtual #2
- Module 1: Strategy & Finance Sept 7 – 11
- Module 2: Operational Excellence Oct 5 – 9
- Module 3: MGT and Leadership Nov 2 – 5
III. Cohort #3: Online Live – AMP Virtual #3
- Module 1: Strategy & Finance Sept 21 – 25
- Module 2: Operational Excellence Oct 19 – 23
- Module 3: MGT and Leadership Nov 16 – 20
- Fees: $3,500 per participant (for a limited time)
- Fees cover tuition, books and case materials.
- Travel expenses, including airfare, are the responsibility of the participant.
- Team offer: customized team solutions and special pricing available on demand
- Seating is limited.
Corporate Leadership Development Programs
Companies who wish to have the TPMG – Advanced Management Program integrated as their company’s internal leadership development program, complete the information form below or contact TPMG Education Services at the number below.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
AMP Program Advising Team
TPMG Education Services
P.O. Box 44989
Phoenix, AZ 85064