TPMG Advanced Management Program
Designed for emerging leaders rising into positions of significant responsibility, the Advanced Management Program (AMP) is a miniMBA curriculum that teaches the essential skills and critical knowledge of strategy, finance, operations and leadership. For one week a month, spread across 3 months, AMP participants benefit from cutting edge adult learning activities that include the case method, small group exercises, as well as leadership workouts for active learning and reflection.
What You Can Expect
The TPMG Advanced Management Program accelerates the leadership development process by providing an exceptional opportunity for both personal and professional growth, one that empowers promising young managers to think strategically, manage cross functionally and lead with confidence.
Collaborating with accomplished peers, guest speakers from top companies, and a TPMG Leadership Coach, AMP participants will acquire the management knowledge, leadership skills, and business acumen to grow and succeed at higher levels of responsibility. While immersed in the AMP, program participants will learn to:
- Define and interpret corporate and business unit strategies by understanding industry and market forces
- Evaluate a company’s performance by analyzing its financial statements and recognizing important strengths and red flags
- Learn how to transform operational capabilities into productive assets that create and sustain exceptional value
- Advance personal leadership skills to build and lead a high-performance culture
- Apply new approaches to work with and through others to systematically deliver favorable results and positive outcomes
- Improve critical thinking skills in order to make good judgments, good decisions and solve problems
- Become a very skilled presenter and communicator
Three Pillars of Success
I Formulate and Manage Strategy:
Learn the knowledge and skills to determine value and to apply the role of senior leadership in managing strategy
Learn how to draw conclusions about a firm’s capacity to create and sustain shareholder value. Examine a company’s to manage its assets effectively.
III Operational Excellence:
Learn a systems approach to technology, structures and organizational design; apply the principles of Lean Management, and use Activity Based Costing (ABC) to measure and improve the cost of operational activities.
IV Management and Leadership
Construct a leadership system that focuses action on strategy, work systems and results.
Understand people and their motivations, examine employee performance in new ways, and develop creative solutions for performance problems.
Who Should Attend
The Advanced Management Program is designed for emerging leaders who fill upper middle to senior leadership roles in a company. It also provides middle managers with the business acumen and sound judgement needed to grow and advance within a private sector organization. Who should attend:
- Managers, Senior Managers and Directors who have been identified as emerging leaders in a company’s succession plan
- Recently promoted from a high level individual contributor to a management and leadership role
- An average of 5 to 7 years’ supervisory and management experience or leaders with at least 3 years in a position involving clear cross-functional and P&L responsibility
- Technical Functions: IT, FIN/Acc, Engineering, Purchasing, Compliance, MKT/Customer Service, Sales and Healthcare
- Entrepreneurs and professionals in small businesses who do not have the opportunity or resources to enroll in a university MBA program.
Competency Based Leadership Education
The Advanced Management Program is part of TPMG’s Competency Based Education platform. Those who successfully complete the program will not only receive TPMG’s AMP Certificate of Completion but will also be awarded Continuing Education Units (CEUs). The Continuing Education Units awarded are nationally recognized units designed to provide a record of an individual’s continuing education accomplishments. One CEU is awarded for each 10 contact hours of instruction.
Cohort #1: Phoenix – AMP 2019
- Starting Dates: April 1, 2019
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
- Fees: See Brochure for Details
Cohort #2: Silicon Valley – AMP 2019
- Starting Dates: April 29, 2019
- Location: San Jose/Santa Clara, CA
- Fees: See Brochure for Details
Program fees cover tuition, books, and materials case materials and most meals.
NEED MORE INFORMATION:
Contact TPMG Education Services
P.O. Box 44989
Phoenix, Arizona 85064